Thursday, February 4, 2010

Randomness

I really don't know what to write. All I know is that I want to write. Everyday I think of jotting down something interesting about something I have been thinking about but I never actually get a chance to do so. As soon as the first sentence is typed the rest is lost in my imagination. The end result is always strikingly different from what I actually set out to write. So, this time I thought I will just keep typing whatever is going in my mind - "real time". Quiet interesting isn't it?? This reminds me of the book "Catcher in the Rye" or may be I think the title reads "Catcher of the Rye". Anyways the point is that the book is a classic example of free will writing. The book goes on about the random encounters of a teenage boy and his totally disconnected thoughts. I was overwhelmed by the narration of the young boys racing thoughts whose name I cannot recollect.

This brings me to ponder at the capabilities and incapabilities of a human mind. Left to imagination its one of the most beautiful things ever. So many thoughts running simultaneously in such a short span of time just amazes me. This is the very reason I enjoy my dreams. I love the dreamland - It is one thing on which I have the sole control on. Only I can define the stream but I have no control whatsoever on what direction the stream takes. I am amazed at the complexity of my dreams and the script is no less than the artistic skills of the writer of the movie "The imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". The movie is spell binding. For me it was as if I were sitiing and watching my own mind when it is left to itself. The only difference is that my dreams are often hazy, the movie on the other hand is crystal clear, thanks of course to the technologies I can't even name.

At some point, I was very concerned about my abilities to remember my dreams fresh as they had happened almost everyday. Its not very common as I found out (not from a concrete source but from the experiences of the few people around me). The matter of concern was not my dreaming but the fact that you are said to have incomplete and half sleep cycles which leaves you exhausted in the mornings. I don't know why I did not try to find any remediation for this problem. I stopped thinking too much about it. And what more, I like to have the pallet of colorful dramas in my head (may be not so colorful as all of them always seem to retain the same haziness as if watching through a glass full of water). I somehow believe that it makes me the person I am. It influences my thinking, creativity and my life.

As I said before, I had no idea what this blog was turning out to be. But I have a feeling that when I am done, I won't be disappointed. :)

1 comment:

Priyakanth said...

Now get back to work...Writing random stuff and watching Ishqiya movie during office hours!!...Is this what they are paying you for?? x-(